Take the next step in your career
Are you looking to progress or start a career within the healthcare industry? Move forward with GA Professional Healthcare Ltd. We're an established business that is always looking to better our client offering, and that all starts with employing the right staff for the job.
We're committed to promoting the lives of our service users, bridging the gap in care so they can continue to live happy, fulfilled lives. We're seeking warm, naturally compassionate individuals who are committed to quality and doing the best for the client. If that sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Contact our recruitment team to learn more about our available care jobs in Croydon.
Senior Care Assistant Jobs
Senior Care Worker
Reports to: Registered Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION — SENIOR DOMICILIARY HOME CARE ASSISTANT
Position: Senior Domiciliary Home Care Assistant
Responsible to: Registered Manager
General Statement of Duties
To work as a senior team member in partnership with the Management and other Workers. To share with other staff, in meeting the personal care needs of service users in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence. Duties provided by the Registered Manager and are expected to include assessment and ongoing evaluation of client’s needs, carrying out tasks that would reasonably be given by members of the service user’s own family and is not expected to include tasks that would normally be expected to be undertaken by a trained nurse.
• NVQ 2 Level Care and a willingness to obtain level 3 qualification in social/care setting.
• Able to understand and be sensitive and sympathetic to needs of the client groups
• Positive attitude
• Willingness to work within the vision, mission, and values of GA Professional Healthcare
• Must demonstrate a willingness to represent GA Professional Healthcare Ltd
• Able to demonstrate a commitment to continual personal & professional development.
• Willingness to undergo training as may be required.
• Able to work flexibly Mon to Sun 24hrs
• Enhanced DBS disclosure
• Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Client-centred approach to care – Knowledge of the supporting people programme.
• Implications of home care working within a home care setting • Knowledge of issues surrounding Dementia, Learning Disabilities, Physical Disabilities, and Autism.
• Active team player but also able to work on own initiative.
• Knowledge and understanding of external partner agencies.
• Well organized.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• I.T. Literate.
• Ability to work under pressure on own initiative or as part of a team.
• Ability to communicate effectively, one to one, and in groups, in a wide range of contexts.
• Knowledge of Care & support in a lone working capacity.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to organise and produce written information clearly and concisely to tight deadlines.
• All staff are expected to respect the requirements under the Data Protection Act 1998.
• Staff must ensure that they are aware of their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
• Ability to work effectively and professionally independent judgment must be exercised in handling unusual situations.
• To take on other duties appropriate to post not specifically mentioned in the job description.
Senior Domiciliary Home Care Assistant Essential Criteria
The following personal attributes are considered essential to the post of all workers:
• Sensitive to the needs of others in need of help and support.
• An active team player but also able to work on their own initiative.
• A good communicator
• You are required to undergo an advanced DBS check.
• Must be able to work flexibly Monday to Sunday.
• Must be able to work unsociable hours.
• Must be responsible for own health and safety.
• Highly motivated and committed to providing excellent care services.
• Values diversity and shows a commitment to equality of opportunities.
• Values health and safety.
Senior Domiciliary Home Care Assistant Desirable Criteria
• Care Assessment
• Care Planning
• Care Coordinating
Location: GA Professional Healthcare Ltd, However maybe within care homes, Hospice, and the community (people’s private homes)
All staff will be required to respect the confidentiality of all matters that they might learn in the course of their employment. All staff will be expected to respect the requirements under the Data Protection Act 1998 and Data Protection Act 2018. All staff must ensure that they are aware of their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work, etc Act 1974.
Senior Care Workers to work in the UK on a Skilled Worker Visa.
The role is to provide care and support in the community for the elderly with dementia and vulnerable people diagnosed with learning difficulties and/or mental health challenges.
Full training, induction, and support is provided prior to commencing work. The ideal candidate needs to be of a caring and compassionate nature, be proficient in English, with good communication skills both i.e. oral and verbal.
Successful candidates will be issued with a Sponsorship Certificate to apply for the Skilled Worker Visa, which will entitle them to a minimum of a 3-year work permit in the UK.
1. Screening(CV)/Application form to email@example.com
The successful candidate will need to submit the following visa application documents to GA Professional Healthcare
• A valid passport;
• A valid Police Clearance Certificate;
• A valid Tuberculosis Certificate;
• Certificates of qualifications at O level (or equivalent) or above
Caregiver qualification (from Red Cross preferably) and GA Professionals Healthcare Recruitment Online Care Certificate Qualification(use the link below) These are the courses that meet our standards for Senior Healthcare Workers.
• Proof of proficiency in English in the form of an English IELTS (4.5 passes)
*A minimum of 6 months work experience in Caregiving
* Three Job and/or education references.
3. Once the above has been submitted and deemed satisfactory, GA Professional Healthcare Recruitment or its clients will issue:
• An Offer Letter; and
• A UK Home Office Certificate of Sponsorship.
4. The candidate will complete the visa application form online, during which they will be required to pay the visa application fee.
Candidates applying for the Senior Care Worker visa are exempt from the NHS Surcharge.
5. Upon completing the online visa application form, the candidate will be issued with an appointment date to prove their identity and submit all the above-supporting documents in person to the embassy.
To prove English proficiency, the candidate will be required to undertake the following options:
Undertake an English test - IELTS (pass mark 4.5 for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) with the British Council
A Tuberculosis Certificate must be obtained from a UK Government-approved clinic in your country of residence (IUM)
A Police Clearance report must be no older than 4 weeks.
Ecctis: Visas and Nationality Services
British Council IELTS: Take IELTS with the British Council | British Council
Tuberculosis Testing: Tuberculosis testing in your country of residence Online Care Certificate Qualification(contact us) These are the courses that meet our standards for Senior Healthcare Workers.
Registered Qualified Social Worker up to Senior Management positions
Relevant experience from 1 to 20 years.
Experienced and qualified Social Worker (CQSW, DipSW, BA Hons, MA or equivalent)
Contract: Temp / Permanent
To be considered for any of our positions you MUST be a qualified social worker who has completed their ASYE and have at least 1 years post qualified experience.
These positions range from Safeguarding Adults to Working with Mental Health Patients.
My clients are located in London
Our clients are offering extremely competitive packages in relation to pay, Working conditions and Management styles.
What my clients are looking for:
Ability to demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional development as my clients are committed to supporting and developing your skills to enable you to move forward in your career with them. You would be expected to have a comprehensive working knowledge of the issues currently impacting the social care sector, you will be up-to-date with policy and practice development.
These roles may require travelling significant distances, sometimes in urgent situations and without prior notice, in a rural environment where public transport may not be available. Due to this, my clients would require you to be a car user or be able to commute to service users when/if required.
In order to get the most from our team members, we understand they need to be paid fairly for the hard work they put in. We've made it our mission to ensure this is the case.
Working on a mobile basis across Croydon offers a level of flexibility that isn't usually offered in other care roles. Discuss the various contract types with our team, including permanent, temporary and relief roles.
As procedures and regulations adapt, we ensure our staff members are given the opportunity to develop. Learn more about personal progression and training with GA Professional Healthcare Ltd.